Thursday, March 10, 2005

All over the freaking place...

Holy Carp. How about this for a strange set of information.

1)Margie!
The last time I saw her was at 2 AM wednesday morning, by 4PM I had heard of her accident. There isn't really much I can say that hasn't been said at Dilts' blog or somewhere else. The point is, she isn't well and I desparately hope she feels better soon. Hang tough, kiddo.



2)47 Academy Cres. Presents: Keggar/Poker tourney
i) Poker tourney starts at 1:00 PM this saturday
Buy in is $20
Entrant cap is 40, we've only got 8 spots left, so if you want in let me know ASAP

Prizes: anyone who makes it to the final table gets their money back at least, there are at least 32 people, so the winner is getting a whole shitload(of dollars).

ii)Keggar starts at 8-9ish, whenever people show up
$10 at the door gets you beer and mix drinks. We have 6 kegs, so there should be plenty.
If you need directions lemme know, I'd be happy to e-mail them to you.


3)Tex, wrapped
For those who don't know, Tex, my beloved, layout-laying friend/boss is retiring from Imprint for the remainder of the semester to focus on school. I think you made the right choice, Tex. I want you to know I'm routing for you, and hope to see you back in the summer/fall. In the meantime, I will rule features with granite fist!! none shall slip through!!! like that old saying, first features...THEN THE WORLD!! AHH HA HA H!!A...although rock-paper-scissors-with-Dean responsibilities have fallen to me, and I have yet to try anything but scissors...

4)Giggity Giggity!
Yeah, so Musselini's wants me and Skillz to play there for dollars. I can taste the dream!...tastes like easy-mac! More later, so ya'll can come check it out. First features, then Musselini's then...

5)...my bank account
basically Darren = zero dollars.
I'm not going to lie, it is frustrating. I think I'm actually in the hole because my rent cheque bounced by $0.04. Yikes.



Yeah so I'm riding the emotional roller coaster these days. Not much to do but keep all hands arms and legs inside the train at all times. Still though, I know my troubles seem trivial to the troubles of others I have mentioned. It is a strange guilty kind of comfort. I can't wait till we can all exit to our left, down the ramp, past the yellow line and enjoy the rest of our day.

5 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Few things you should know:

a) Features already rules the world, since we are both a part of it.

b)I think my Quater life crisis is going smoothly. So smooth infact as soon as I see a good result, I'm going to head back to the office, to perhaps assist you.

c) Dean always leads scissors. Always.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

Roller coaster tips: Wear clothes with zipper pockets. DO NOT use regular pockets. Don't eat gross foods or they may come back to haunt you. Especially candy apples or cotton candy. Stretch and breathe before you get on any rollercoaster - it helps your mind focus. Use the bars while you're waiting in line. Also, going from 0 to 60 flat isn't a good idea. Get your adrenaline up before you get on the ride. These Mansell tips can get you through any rollercoaster... even emotional ones. :P

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

Well, if you need a hand you know I'm usually around the office on Wednesday, though I take forever to do a mere two pages.

So far this semester I've only missed two production nights, both for very good reasons...

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Darren said...

really? you know, that never occurred to me...

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Paul Lehmann said...

Way to go on the Musselini's front. Please keep me updated. I may have a reason to return to that place I execrated greatly when I heard they sold to the Mussel Man. It will take you and Skilling being appreciated by their establishment for me to return there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home