Thursday, April 07, 2005

Axe to Grind

Oh yeah, I will be writing a music column next term(with my face beside it and everything!). Its called "Axe to Grind" and its about the peforming/writing side of music. I will be writing opposite Dave George-Cosh, who is also doing a music column. It should be a lot of fun.

Some Muslim students have a problem with an article by my good friend "Ramirez de la Puerta" about a man named "Elsamry". I'd link you to the article, but Imprint has been Haxx0rd and the website is down. It spoofs three separate news events that happened over the year and is a brilliant piece of joke writing. The MSA is hollering for a retraction and an apology. I spoke with one of their guys on the phone, as soon as he mentioned the article, I was quick to point out "oh, that was in Misprint, none of that is real!." I'll be writing an editorial about humouristic integrity and the value of jokes and whatnot. I'm looking forward to it. I will also be sitting in on a meeting between the EIC and a few Muslim PhD students. It should be fun. I'll post a full report later.

Also, I'll be posting the lyrics to the Imprint medley shortly.

5 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

Be sure to let Carla do most of the talking. She's the voice of our paper now.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

So, I wonder if:
- Other groups on campus have a better sense of humour
or
- Other groups on campus just haven't gotten around to voicing their displeasure yet.

At least when the CSA got upset, it was about something we printed that wasn't a joke.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO, it's healthy for there to be conflict, dialogue and resolution.. what kind of societal evolution would there be if everybody was happy all the time? ;)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Darren said...

I probably won't say much, Carla knows the dealio yo. I'll say what I want to say in my editorial. I'll be there for moral support and to corroborate as to precisely what was said in the even of legal proceedings. Plus, Carla shouldn't go in there too outnumbered.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

No one can take jokes anymore... sheesh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home