Friday, April 01, 2005

Garsh, I do so like this music stuff

Until last night I hadn't been to a concert in a long, long time. Stupid money! If there's one thing I need to keep me sane, its a little live music now and again. By some fortune and a little $10, I was blessed with the opportunity to see not one, but two concerts last night, with a little concert of my own in between. Over the course of the evening I effectively hit five birds with one stone.

My illustrious evening began at Jane Bond with Sarah Casey, T-Mart and B-cup for some Paul MacLeod. Paul played every monday last term at bomber after the open mic, so I've seen him about 15 times. I got used to seeing him on a regular basis and since he stopped playing bomber, I've kinda missed the loveable chap. His music is good. He played all my faves: Holland, Anna-Lisa, She Drives plus some new stuff that was thoroughly enjoyable.

The second bird hit here was the place itself. I've been meaning to check Jane Bond out for some time now. I'm glad I did, it's like some hipcat's basement from the 70s. I had a couple B.Arthurs in honour of B-cup and T-Mart's historic protest. Those guys were drinking Caesars but they ran out of celery and started substituting interesting vegetables. I saw broccoli and a mushroom before I left at half-time.

Third bird(heard word): Ex-Paddy's. I played a couple songs at the open mic. Good times. Then I headed over to Starlight to meet Amy and take care of the fourth and fifth birds: Wassabi Collective and checking out Starlight. Both awesome. Wassabi does a combination of reggae, funk and trance music. These guys were tight. The crowd was full of white people dancing like white people; oh how they danced! I danced too, although I got the distinct impression that I was one of the few not-high people in the room. They had this gogo dancer who did some crazy shit with hula hoops. They were great.

I've got the Imprint staff lunch today to look forward to. I'm pretty psyched. I'm sure you'll hear about that soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home