Sunday, August 14, 2005

That shit's SO terrickkkk!

A while back, I came up with some hip-hop-style lyrics about Aurora. On Friday I hit the studio and recorded it. It is about the worst thing ever. Here are the lyrics I could remember at the time:

Turn me up a little bit

It's the A to the U to the R O R A
Down to the ACC where the Tigers play
We've got a flat-topped church where we go to pray
'cuz hurricane Hazel blew the steeple away

Went to Hawaii, picked up a lay
Went to England, ate fish and chips every day
I've been around the world, but I'm still proud to say
That I'm straight outta A-dot all the way

Chorus
(Backup singers: 713 to the 727, 841 to the 726)
Straight outta A-dot!
x4

Suburbia, sidewalks cement
But we've got enough grass, you can puot up a tent
Go to the mini mall, where all the money is spent
Take the mini van, borrow it from the 'rents

Not superman but a lot like Clark Kent
The record rack's gone, don't know where it went
Vic's shoe repairs if your shoes are bent
'cuz he's straight outta A-dot, a hundred percent

Chorus x2

(random shout-outs)

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Jesus Christ..

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

Uh, what do you mean by "hit the studio?"

Please don't tell me this'll be on the radio soon...

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Darren said...



Dear Mr.Jones,
As the hip hop genre grows progressively more prominent in the world of
music, I have long felt that the town of Aurora does not size up. Many
rappers write about the places they are from ie "west side," "east side,"
and the aptly named "dirrrty south," but as of yet, there is no available
hip hop anthem about Aurora. Is this because we have no hip hop community,
or simply because we do not SUPPORT our hip hop community? Instead of
pointing the finger, I have composed and recorded a rap song entitled
"Straight outta A-dot" to remedy this problem(A-dot refers to Aurora). I
figured that as the mayor, you might get a kick out of it.

Peace out,
-Darren Hutz


Yup, that's the email I just sent to the Mayor of Aurora with the rap attached.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

My god...
Please, PLEASE don't pursue a rap career - you'll starve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home