Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fireworks for some, minature Canadian flags for others!

Is anyone else miffed that our great national holiday is simply named after the country? Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as they come, but everywhere else they actually pick meaningful names for celebrations, especially when fireworks are involved. We may as well just call it "get drunk and blow shit up day."

Hrm. On second thought, that's not such a bad idea. It would certainly be less vague.

I've never seen Bomber more packed than it was last night. Before the end of the night, they had SOLD OUT of Molson products. That means ALL KEGS were tapped and emptied, and most of the bar's bottles were drank. Canada's unimaginative celebration almost sucked 'er dry.

. . . . .

As a side note, my creative/songwriting faculties are returning to me, including their automatic aspects. I made some KD in the office that looked a poisonous fake brown instead of the regula fake orange. As I ate it, I half-hoped I would become violently ill so that I would be able to write a song about getting food poisoning from KD. Yeah, it's a bit masichisic, but it's the frame of mind whence Darrensongs are born. It's a good thing.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

Why Canadian? Was it ultra cheap last Wednesday?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Dave said...

We must get together and play music together. Pronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home