Sunday, June 05, 2005

A model, idiot

Idiots are funny. Today on my way from Margie's house to work (riding her bike, no less), I passed a four people — two men and two women — stuck in a little buick at the intertsection on the corner of Seagram and University. From what I could tell, the engine was dead, but the light was green.

One of the men hopped out of the car and began pushing it throught the intersection while the other man sat in the driver's seat steering. The women sat idly. The guy pushing was having a helluva time moving the car. Understandable, considering the the three other bodies weighing down the car. They needed to make a left turn. They held up traffic.

Why the hell didn't anyone else get out of the car and help? Even assuming the people in the car were delicate flowers, they could've at least stood outside until the car was out of everyone's way. These idiots picked the absolute slowest possible way they could've navigated that situation. I was happy to make it to Bomber, where people at least have an excuse to be idiots.

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right click the window on the taskbar if you're having difficulty closing it. sorry if i spoil the fun.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Darren said...

Pardon me? What window? What taskbar?

Either I'm missing something, or this is the worst interpretation of a blog post in history.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

easy peasy lemon squeezy, no need to get your back up at a chummy reply to your post. i was referring to the idiot link. it moves around and is hard to close.

-chris

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

I find most people's lack of understanding of physics, at least applied physics, amusing. I don't expect them to be able to parameterize the path of the car using the variable t. I do expect people to realize, "Like, we're weighing the, like, car down! Let's, like, get, like, out of, like, it!"

Were those women heifers, making things really difficult? If so, they could have really helped out by jumping off the back of the car, giving it a push. Conservation of momentum, man.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Darren said...

Ahh, I'm sorry, I didn't have that problem myself, so I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home