Sunday, June 19, 2005

the abriged bersion

... Dave was lazy when he put on his sunscreen, so after a day of removing the roof at the cottage, he had a big red splotch of a burn in the middle of his back where he had been unable to reach. You could tell how he had applied the sunscreen from the shape of the burn. Most notable was the half handprint on the bottom and the drips coming down the left side. On Sunday while Dave, Josh, Steve and I sat around playing euchre and drinking copious amounts of cheap beer karma happened. Steve gave Dave a nice open-handed slap to his oddly shaped burn on his way to take a piss. While he was laughing and watching Dave's reaction, he smoked his head on a low hanging potted plant...

... Saw Batman Begins, it was great. Apparenly Batman begins as less of a "dark knight" and more of a "dark ninja," which is awesome in itself, although Christian fundamentialists would argue that Batman began at conception or at least early in the second trimester, and considering the lead actor is named Christian, I'm inclined to agree with them...

... Andrew Dilts' keggar: I came, I drank, I threw up on the front lawn. I went to the upstairs bathroom to clean up, and spent the rest of the night hanging out in the bathtub expelling. Margie was there originally to comfort me, but by the end of the night we were holding each other's hair.

Today, I bumped into Andrew as he was uploading this summer's back issues of Imprint to our newly restored website and he claimed that my guitar(but really Margie's Dad's guitar) was still at his place even though I had definitely brought it home. Andrew thought that we had left that night, when really I was passed out in the tub and Margie was out cold on the tiles beside me.

At some point I woke up, realized the sun was up, and made a hasty exit toward a friendly, nearby couch at Margie's. Although that isn't the first time I've spent the night in a friend's bathroom ... Somebody would knock on the door, Margie would instinctively(because that was the only type of cognition she could manage) respond "come in!", then I would say "No, don't come in!" This happened at least a couple times. Call me old fashioned, but I couldn't see the upside to somebody finding me and Margie strewn about the bathroom surrounded by vomit...

... I swear I heard somebody knock softly on the door to the Imprint office. This is a hangover that could use a couple 35 hour days. Buh...

3 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger Valacosa said...

The scene you painted is adorable and hilarious.

Under those circumstances, I don't think I could manage any cognition at all.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

Twas quite the night to remember! Hey, does this count as a first date?

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Daven said...

I can still feel the deep burn of satisfaction; I owe you one hanging planter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home