Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hardly Working

Friday was a blast from the past at Bomber. Some UW alumni were celebrating somebody's 40th b-day. Sarge threw on the "Retro Mix," and they started breakdancing. 40 year-old white dudes breakdancing to Everybody Wang Chung Tonight is just about the funniest fucking thing on the plantet. I had my doubts that they were actually former students here, but in the middle of Take on me, while a guy was spinning on his back, a Blackberry fell out of his pocket. Yup, definitely UW guys. Apparently these dudes were 20 year alumni, meaning they graduated in 1985. I was born in 1985. I feel some cosmic connection here, I just don't know what it is.

The next night I was at Fed Hall working the kitchen for Summerfest 2. A mouse ran into the kitchen from outside, and my co-worker Krister started chasing him with a broom. Determined to catch the little bastard, I grabbed the big dustpan we had back there and got Krister to herd him into it, at which point I scooped him up into the air in an effort to tire him out or something(it wasn't a very good plan). I flipped him like a sautéed mushroom, but the bugger kept running towards me, trying to bite my eyes, I assume, so I just kept flipping him around(off the oven, into my manager) until I eventually missed, and he scampered away. Krister set up an elaborate trap(cardboard box + shredded cheese) to catch him, I just wonder what would've happened if I had flipped him into the deepfryer.

I love working at Fed Hall, the menu is: fries, onion rings and pizza slices, each of which costs $1.25. Furthermore we take our own orders and earn our own tips. At the end of the night, I put down this curtain over half of my counter to signify that I was closed, then this couple started making out up against it. All I could see was this body-shaped, moving indent on my curtain. A mildly intoxicated Tim Martin convinced me to hit them with my broom. I did, gently at first, but upon seeing no real consequence, I started poking them in the head, or with the wood end of the broom. They didn't seem to care. Tim eventually sidled on the counter, behind the curtain so he was inches from the action. He took over sweeping them for a bit, then I told him to grab an ass or something, maybe try to join in. Tim was drunk, but unfortunately not that drunk.

Ahh, the world I see from the safety of my kitchen.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

I should give you my Mouse Buster shirt...

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction: i had surpassed the level of drunkness to perform that particular task...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home