Thursday, October 27, 2005

Speaking of willpower

So I set last thursday aside as my all-night workfest.I had a number of assignments and readings that were due or past due. My goal was to put myself through a night of suffering and come out on top. Instead, I went to sleep around 6 AM and by that time I had dropped two classes.

Oh well, now I have time for other things, like, say Rememberance Day.

UW, as a university, does nothing on Rembradt's day. That is a bad thing. I can't really tell you why I think it is important to remember wars and such, but I know for sure that it is always a good idea to pause and reflect once in a while.

The whole thing was Jeff Anstett's initiative. New clubs director Sabrina Bowman is on board. Christine Louriero said she'd help. The idea is to hold a little ceremony in the SLC featuring poetry, speakers and music to give folks a chance to remember if they feel so inclined. If anybody's interested in helping out, or has any ideas, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home