Friday, October 13, 2006

Canadian Nationalist Identity

Two posts in one day? Way I see it, writing's a double-barreled shotgun and the only fools shooting one shell at a time are out of ammo. These days I'm armed to the teeth and freshly reloaded. Besides, should I run out, as I understand it's a double-edged sword too, so I'll just hack the bastards.

Here's the point, winter's coming, and with it people from India are whining about the cold (I'm not trying to stereotype, I just know there are certainly a few (you know who you are)). I love the winter, and by winter I mean cold, cold winter, although 35 minutes of biking every day will test that love, I'm sure. Luke-warm winters frustrate me.

I feel that in order to be a true Canadian, one must fulfill the following criteria:
1)embrace Canada's winter with loving arms
2)visit every province at least once (bonus points for Territories, but I wouldn't worry about it)
3)speak both English and French

I am aware that by my own criteria, I am not even half of a true Canadian, but I like the idea of growing into one's nationality. It means that immigrants can become true Canadians, and that's what I'm all about.

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bother with the territories. I highly recommend Dawson, YT. Work there for a summer.

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bloody hate immigrants. Especially the ones who think they can just set a curfew and take away what little money they give you and feel like they have some right to control your life! Honestly, just get back on your boat and get the hell out of here. Nobody is interested in your voodoo black magic tiger bomb solution to parenting... NOBODY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home