Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cigarrettes don't cause Cancer, Cancer just wants to be cool

See, the way I figure it, popular opinion is about 79% incorrect these days, so going against any part of it is, in all probability, a good idea.

Popular opionion: smoking tobacco is savage and angry or whatever. It'll make you dead and ostracized from society, just like Creepy Uncle Cyrus.

Lies or at least half-liesprobably created this opinion, so, using lies, I'm going to try to reverse it. See, that line up at the top? Yeah, Timber said something to that effect in the Imprint office a couple days ago. I think its a good start to my campaign.

I mean that's the only way to get marijuana legalized, and I suppose I'm for that. Shit never hurt noone. That may be some vague kind of half-lie, but like I said above, its probably for the best. Of course popular opinion on pot is something of a quagmire these days, and vary's greatly depending on the room you stumble into all red-eyed and dudey. Some say that pretty much everyone thinks its ok and that those old stodgy lawmakers up in Ottawa are merely delaying the inevitable: Decriminalization. Balls-to-the-wall legalization.

I won't naiviely suggest that those options are ideal. I don't know if they'll be good for society, or if I even want them, what with the way the Government taxes and agressively PSAs against tobacco, I can't see them giving way to another smokable substance. Even if it gets you high. They're more likely to prohibit tobacco.

I find myself in a growing minority of non-smokers. I've gotten into the habit of going out for non-smoke breaks, sometimes with smokers, sometimes without.

Remember, half-lies are half-truths too.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the US. They don't like their citizens stoned, they like 'em nice and anxious.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the only reason it's still illegal is because it would take thousands of dollars to de-criminalize it and control it.

-margie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home