Tuesday, October 10, 2006

...but getting tighter

I would say that the theme of this blog is pretty loose.

The metaphor is probably obvious. Mr. Shabby is my nickname for myself. To those of you fully immersed in the so-called "blogsphere" self-naming is part of the culture. I'm not so "savvy" that I don't feel a little silly for it. Still, I like it because these days, the only time you hear the word "shabby" is in that expression "not too shabby." Shabby on its own, while having its own meaning, still implies the expression. You can't imagine the "shabby" without the "not too." At least, I can't.

The next part, the pantry part, was a fluke, random metaphor, much less construed than the first. A pantry is a place where food is kept. Food is delicious or at least food sustains...

Like I said before loose, random, but for whatever reason at the time, I liked it, and never bothered changing it.

Loose, right? But there's only one reason to explain why there hasn't been a good post in eight months: The pantry has been empty.

Sometimes, quite literally.

A really random thing happened, then a lot of horribly unrandom things happened, and for one reason or another, the pantry has been stripped bare of everything but cobwebs and the mocking shelves themselves. And I did what anyone does with an empty pantry: nothing. For eight months.

Its starting to fill again. I'm regaining my grip on things. Thank you for fielding my metaphors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home