Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fuck the journey, let's hit the patio

Breathe.

Release.

So when I finished my 2nd and final exam on Saturday, I walked straight from the PAC to the bus stop on Ring Road. GRT is the first of four separate transit companies I employ for my four-and-a-half hour trek home to Aurora. It usually goes GRT -> Greyhound -> TTC subway -> GO bus or train -> Home. In the winter I don't mind it, but with the sun all out and shit, I was not looking forward to another fucking afternoon odyssy of public transit. No way I'd miss Jwash's 19th b-day party, though.

Naturally I missed my bus, mostly because I suck at math and take forever to do it(DAMN 292 EXAM!). Luckily Dan Micak happened to be walking by at that precise moment. He was kind enough to give me a lift to Kitchener station. Thanks Dan, I caught that Greyhound!

Aurora is good. Party was awesome, I passed out at 1 AM and slept for 12 hours. When I woke up I had no idea where I was. For sweet.

Oh yeah speaking of classes: Psych 292 sucks, it's stats, boring, boring stats. I hope I pass this fucker, although I really don't deserve to. Psych 211, on the other hand, is awesome. Tom Ruttan(the prof) was great. It's child psychology, everyone should take it, especially if you plan to be a parent at any point. The only bad thing about it was the prescence of middle-aged women at the lecture who actually have kids, thus granting them a superior knowledge base compared to the rest of us youngins. They'd just blab on and on about their stupid kids, then ask some idiot question like "What the deal with kids today, what with their hoobastank and devil sticks and whatnot..."

In retrospect the part-time student thing was a bad idea for me. I never really felt like I was in school, so the urge to hammer down and, oh I don't know, get good marks waned and eventualy dissapeared. My average will go down *SIGH*, but on the upside, I've figured out some shit.

Honours Arts and Busniess coop psych major GOODBYE, Hounours Arts English RPW regular stream with a psych minor, here I come! Yeah, so I'm drastically switching programs mostly because I hate coop and like writing. Who knows, this may be just one more misstep on my meandering journey to hobohood but for now it feels like a good idea.

This also means that I will be rocking the full schedule at Waterloo this summer. I'm looking forward to doing good in class for a change, although I will miss Aurora folk desparately. You bastards had better come visit, ya hear? Other than that and my glaring unemployment, its looking to be a wicked summer.

oh yeah, Friday May 21st, 47 Academy Cres, Waterloo: Birthday party #1
Saturday May 22nd, 5 Child Drive, Aurora: Birthday party #2

All ya'll is invited, to both parites(if you is hardcore enough). More details later.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Valacosa said...

Who knows, this may be just one more misstep on my meandering journey to hobohood but for now it feels like a good idea.

This sentence alone is pure gold.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Davenport. Darren, we miss you already, but stay in coop or you'll end up an old hobo like me.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Margatron said...

Tom Ruttan is the awesomest, most soft spoken prof I've ever had. He's super nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home