Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Please don't get sick of me UW

Why can't I ever catch the freaking Daily Show? It's the one thing I try to do in a day yet I always miss it! I mean dammit, tonight I though it was 10:30 when it was actually 11. Stupid dailight savings. Oh well, at least I'm halfway adjusted.

Today I did one thing good, I finalized a deal with the kindly folks at Bomber. That's right, Darren Hutz will be playing Bomber patio on Friday afternoon/evenings for the summer term. I'm getting pennies and booze, but pennies and booze sound better than me paying them for booze. Big Mark asked me for a picture and bio so they can send it over to marketing and plaster my big fat face all over the place. I encourage everyone to come out. I'll probably do 45 minutes at 5 PM, then another 45 starting at 6PM. I'm drastically expanding my repertoire at the moment. I'm even brushing up on the top 40 crap ... Oh Killers, why can't you write a second verse? Is it so hard?

This plus my face beside my column in Imprint means a whole lot of Darren for SLC going folk. I'm pretty psyched about it.

P.S. I need some help here actually.
1) What the hell do you kids listen to these days? I'd like to be unstumpable by any standard crowd. Shameless pandering is the key to any good performance!
2)What the hell should I put in my bio? I hate coming up with those damn things. Some of you guys have seen me play, how should I describe myself?

Comments Rock! I love you guys.

9 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Valacosa said...

"Shameless pandering is the key to any good performance!" - Hahaha!

You probably don't want to play what I like listening to - Metellica, Disturbed, Rammstein - though lately I've been listening to a lot of Evanescence. I'm a strange, strange man.

The stuff you parodied for the EOT tends to be crowd-pleasing music.

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren! Fabulous!!! i'll be at bomber for sure on fridays now! and you know how much i love reel big fish, umm millencolin, and sublime, those are all fun too. Congrats buddy! See you in the summmmer!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Darren said...

aha! You underestimate me! I already know some Metallica, the rest all follows. Besides everyone knows the only difference between heavy metal and, say folk, is in the facial expressions anyway.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Daily Show - Learn how to Bit Torrent. I haven't missed an episode in a while, even while being out of the country.

And uh...I like playing guitar too :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Darren said...

I said I'm brushing up on my top 40 crap, that doesn't mean I'm sticking to it. Don't worry Sam, I'm not selling out to the man for pennies and booze. I would at least need nickles.

And yeah, I'm gone all summer. I'm taking a full courseload.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Margatron said...

Evanescence? Davenport, if you even mention them in my presence, I'll soc you.

I concurr with Sublime, and will add Kula Shaker to the list.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darrren.-
Just look at what's been selling lately... Jet, The Killers, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson.. yadda yadda.. you are a wonderful player so don't worry.. you won't get stumped when people want to hear something.. Just turn the radio on and it'll help ya out!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes get the killers out of your system because I will never play them with you ... EVER! Also I don't know how you'll hold up without that hansome chap that plays so elegantly with you usually?!?! I've heard you a couple times and you seem to be well rounded.

signed that hansome chap that plays so elegantly with you usually

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darroom,

a couple of suggestions to play (i dunno if you'll even get this comment, considering it's a few months after the post was made). weezer, sublime (santaria), oasis (throw the crowd off and play mr. adams cover of wonderwall), dmb, chuck berry (johnny b. goode), ryan adams and ofcourse a classic, Du Hast - Rammstien.

-cab

 

Post a Comment

<< Home