Monday, December 12, 2005

Its been a slice

Coming from Waterloo, where you can usually find at least some drunken asshole or some nocturnal engineer at any time of night, Aurora and its unofficial, unenforced but oft obeyed 9 PM curfew, seems strangeley askew. I cruised around for an hour at 4 in the morning today, and I didn't see a single trace of humanity but for the one guy working at Dominion. I had a craving for bagels and imitation crab. You know, breakfast.

See, I woke up after a full 8 hours of sleep at 3:30 AM. The night before(by night I mean last time I slept), I went to bed around 6 AM. My sleep schedule is rather fucked up after an all-nighter I pulled writing an essay. Stupid essays.

I've learned something about staying up all night: don't go to bed in the middle of the next day! It's way better to stay up all the way until the next night, unless you'd rather be nocturnal. If you wake up normally on the morning of day one, don't sleep until the night of day two. See, I went to sleep at 11 AM on the morning of day two. I started my Saturday at 6PM in Waterloo, I was planning to head back to Aurora that night with Margie. That's when I sliced the fuck out of my shoulder.

Russel(my roommate) is in charge of decorating our room, mostly because I don't really care. In our room the walls are half red/black weird/cool patterns, half purple with a horizontal orange stripe. There's a pile of different neat stuff on the walls, including posters and most notably some broken fragments of mirror.

I went to the storage/laundry room to grab a CD out of my CD collection. Its in a box in corner under a little shoulder-high ledge where russel keeps what can practically be considered his "broken glass collection"(AKA the broken mirror bits he didn't put on our wall) and of course in leaning down toward my box, an edge of one of the pieces clipped my shoulder.

I didn't go to the ER because It would've ruined my whole week. That said, I should've gone to the ER. I didn't bleed much and it doesn't hurn, but this wound isn't pretty. It will take a long time to heal. It will leave a big scar. Who the fuck leaves bits of broken glass lying around?

Anyway, I'm back in Aurora for the time being doing some all-purpose recovering and eating fruits and vegetables like there was no tomorrow(prescious perishables!).

Moustache week is still on, Hutzmas is Tuesday, but those are their own posts entirely. Viva Holidays!! HYA! HYA!

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's strange. bits of broken glass were my favourite toys as a kid :)

-Timá

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Margatron said...

I was there when it happened and I don't think I've ever seen Darren so mad. But going to the movies once we got to Aurora was enough to tame my lion. We saw Narnia and it kicked ass.

Go see it bitches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home